Saturday, October 6, 2012

A House and Home sampler

 Today I designed House and Home sampler.
 
This morning was such a great, lazy, cool morning in which sipping of peach tea and designing were on my agenda while the fresh breeze of Fall air from the North Georgia mountains blew in a peaceful spirit.
There is just something about Saturday mornings in which inspiration flows much better. It's probably because of the relaxation that Saturday morning brings, to sleep in, to get that extra rest and inspiration from the quiet.
 
Home has always been important to me. Never perfect but always something since I was a wee girl to have when I grew up as a woman.
 
Through all the ups and downs, one constant that never changes is my desire to have a peaceful home, one in which is not just a building but whatever size, a place of reprieve from the brash world and busy life.
 
I've admired through the years many with large homes and wondered, as I rode by them in deep thought, if they were really homes; as homes are only made of hope, love, and trust. And of course, how fortunate the blessings to have both!
 
There have been years in my life that I had only hopes and dreams for a real home, although blessed with a house in which I put my heart into. There were things missing for peace to flourish and love to grow. No matter how much nesting, cooking, or decorating my house, unfortunately there were times when it was just a house. But love has now made it a home.
 
I'm thankful that in this past year God has opened my eyes to a brighter future He had for me in store which included exactly what I prayed for many years, a home built on love and hope, trust and peace.
 
 “My people have been lost sheep; their shepherds have led them astray and caused them to roam on the mountains. They wandered over mountain and hill and forgot their own resting place.” Jeremiah 50:6 (NIV)
 
I hope I never forget my own resting place which is my home with the one I love and trust. The blessing of making it a home, although humble, is given to me by my Father in Heaven, and for that, I am very thankful to Him. From protection from those who tried to destroy my home, I can't be thankful enough to Him for surviving and rebuilding with love and trust.
He has given me a house AND a home now which is a respite of peace and love, and not fear and restlessness and lies.
 
These are my thoughts today as I offer this to you as a freebie, that as you stitch, you are reminded, along with myself, that a God-centered home is a huge blessing that not all get to experience in their lifetimes.
 
Proverbs 31 Ministries is a favorite website that I love to read and participate in when I can. The website is here:
 
The daily devotionals are awesome!
 
I hope your house is full of HOME today and always!
 
 
Jennifer
 


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful design!! I can't wait to get it stitched.

    Not only is the design beautiful but your thoughts are so beautiful. Thank you for the reminder that only with Jesus do we have true peace and a home based in love.

    Many blessings to you and Abby!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a military spouse, these words really touched me. We have lived so many places and it's truly the love that makes a house a home.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say enough about this website – its alot better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came on your site from craft gossip. It's nice andwarm and cozy and that isn't something one finds often on the net. I will be coming back regular. Thanks. If I make one suggestion though, when you type in a fancy script it is hard to read when the words are all caps. Just a thought. From a future regular visitor, Gramma LaDow

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an adorable chart. Thank you Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome at the homestead at any time! I appreciate your time out of your day to stop and say hello!!
I hope you find some useful information and gentle inspiration for your day.
Jennifer